View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #15
Coley

Smile Re: Would you buy this truck with ...

That is a nice example of these trucks....very nice. Not 100% original but well optioned and in good condition for sure.
One thing that I noticed is how a set of 31/10.5" tires makes it look a bit like a 3/4 ton due to the extra tire height/size. I did that same combo with a half ton that I had when I carried an 8ft camper on it. It gave me more ground clearance and more stabile load carrying capacity.
Also looks like it has the rear overload springs, again good for hauling and towing....it would be interesting to see the SPID in the glovebox

...regardless, back to the main question and point:
However, I would not pay $23K for it regardless of its current option group,etc.
I would put that truck in the $15-16K range.

With the pricing aside and if it was good (or better) value the 4 speed wouldn't stop me from buying the truck.
The 4 speed would be a nice change and a novelty for a while...say a year.
In the meantime, and if I wanted an automatic I would take my time collecting everything 'factory' I needed that year to convert it to automatic.
Correct steering column, brake pedal assembly, transmission, driveshaft, linkage, cross member?, etc.
Then I would go with a 4 speed automatic...700R or 4L60.
Probably have the conversion done within a week if you really wanted it.

....but $23k for that one.....nope, not in my opinion.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500

Last edited by Coley; 08-05-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote