View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #82
Dave_The_BMXER

Re: 51 GMC 'Project Why Wait'

Still rollin' on er

Got my ride height senors, main management harness, and second compressor harness all squared away.

Ended up using generic split collars to mount the sensors too. I drilled and tapped them versus messing with my control arms.

The template Air lift supplies for checkint to see if things are in range was really useful. Great way to double check my measurements.

Tucked right in near the control arm seemed to be the best spot. Didn't have to worry too much about anything coming into contact with it. This was actually my second spot after the front didn't work out.

The rear was much easier, just mounted it right to the frame and a right angle bracket off the lower link bar keep sthings in place.

For the main harness, it's a lot of wire I didn't want cluttering up my back half so I tediously fished it through the frame and mounted it to the back of the air ride cross member I had made previously

You can hardly see it!

Next up I am going to dig into my cab. So far I'm doing both front floors, hinge pockets on both sides, and inner and outer cowls on both sides.

It's a little daunting to consider, and perhaps a little overkill, but I'm already this deep what's a little more right?

Oh my four year old has been helping a bit more too, nut and bolt type stuff but he seems a little bit more interested every day.

Dave_The_BMXER is offline   Reply With Quote