Thread: Master cylinder
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 03:08 AM   #4
64shortbox

Re: Master cylinder

As Captainfab stated, purchase his Vacuum Booster bracket & his Power steering box bracket. You need to space your 82 Suburban Power steering box away from your 66 frame. Also hopefully you kept ALL the pieces from your 82 Donor including the vacuum booster, master cylinder, ALL brake lines and proportioning valve. I was able to reuse ALL the stuff from my 73 donor truck - even the brake lines. I did have to make a bracket for the proportioning valve but I didn't have to cut any of the brake lines to make everything fit. I did have to tweak them slightly to make them line up but only a very slight tweak on my part. I installed all the brake lines but left them loose. once everything was in place I then tightened up all the brake lines. To figure the mounting bracket for the proportioning valve I just cut a piece of coat hanger, bent it to match the angle of my 73 proportioning valve and made my bracket to match that angle. I made my bracket with some 1/8" plate but I'm sure you could make one using some heavy sheet metal and beat it over in a vice if need be.

Check out this link to see what I'm talking about start at post #11
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ox#post7450281

Hope this helps.
64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote