Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 02:15 AM   #114
User Error

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
User Error; I use the factory wiring for electronic gauges. There is no guarantee that the stock senders are going to be compatible with your gauges. I would replace the stock sender with the senders included. But yes, your voltmeter should work, your speedometer should work as well. For temp and oil pressure, use what comes with the kit. Also, Dolphin may use 0-240 ohm fuel sender, I'm not 100% sure. you may find that you will have to use their sender in your fuel tank. Have you already purchased Dolphin gauges? If not, I would recommend looking for another option. I haven't been too happy with the one's I've installed. Lots of "out of the box" issues, like gauges that don't work.
Yeah I've already purchased them... My wonder about using the included senders is the ecm will no longer be getting info from the alternate senders. I emailed Dolphin and they said the fuel is a 90ohm if memory serves... I haven't asked about the temp and oil pressure... Currently the OEM temp sensor is laying on the intake with a mechanical sender in it's place... it's reading some info but not accurate i'm sure... if I unplug it the computer gets rich and stalls the truck... really hope i can get the oem senders back in the ports and use them with these gauges... what brand have you had luck with using all the oem wiring and senders?