View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 04:56 PM   #39
GONMAD1955

Re: 89 tbi running & starting problem

Hello Folks! I'm new here & after many of the same maladies described here in dealing with my 1991 3500 7.4L TBI to no avail. I made the switch to a 780 Holley Carb & Edelbrock alloy manifold with a brand new HEI distributor & curve kit. ALL my problems are behind me now! My gas mileage & performance improved tremendously The truck INSTANTLY starts ( it used to crank forever with the
tbi) & runs smoothly & will fry the tires if I desired. Had to install a Holley fuel pressure regulator & a variable volume flow control for the return restriction to achieve 6.5 lbs fuel pressure. Using the Holley TPS adapter kit I have NOW FULL control of the engine functions & transmission shift points By removing the GATEKEEPER (computer) the truck is predictable & has MORE towing power than ever before. I have performed this swap sever times in the past when confronted with these kinds of problems & have had NO complaints with the results. This means HAPPY CUSTOMERS!!! No comebacks. I went through replacing everything electronic on the truck WAISTING almost a grand trying to fix the electronic problems till I was sick of driving it the way it was. I know some of you want to keep what you currently have, but this modification solves all the headaches. (besides that I'm an old school Hot Rodder with years of modifying all kinds of cars & boats) I hope this will help someone with the problems I've encountered & I'll gladly provide detailed instructions for the swap if anyone so desires. As always Have a GREAT DAY!! GONMAD
GONMAD1955 is offline   Reply With Quote