View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 08:57 AM   #11
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: What is a Car Guy" (or Car Girl)

Nice

1. A few times years ago (30+). Never lost a wheel that I can remember, but I helped level out several ditches

2. Did that a lot in Japan. US wise, sold my 97 S10 for an old Ferd pickup.

3. Plenty of Milk crates, even had a vise grip for the gas pedal of my 68 Galaxie 500 for 6 or 8 months.

4. Quite a few, since didn't have a camera back in the old folks days. It was too expensive for the film and development.

5. The truck I drove (56 Mack) was that way. Everywhere you parked on hill. Deliver/pickups folks hated when I cam in cause I couldn't shut it off at the loading docks. It was easy in western PA, not so down here is southern Mississippi. Even did it with an old automatic , Powerglide in my Corvair.

6. Fires from other sources, but don't remember any electrical.

7. Never used them much, even when they were a big thing.

8. YES!

9. Ahhhh, Guilty....still

11. Starters, waterpump, alternator, spindles/balljoints. One winter we did a transmission. Friend came by with a spare and changed it there along the road. Pther than cold and lack of light not too bad as we were out in the sticks,

13. Many times. Last one was on my 64. No loss of facial hair.

17. Cut-off wheel is most common. Twice that I can remember. Not with a tool, but in Japan we were picking up (2 of us by hand) an Isuzu twin cam to put on the back of a flatbe, when I lost my grip on the grease and it caught my wedding band and pulled all the skin into a roll by the finger nail. Ugly and it hurt.

19. Yes, alot.

20. Yes on my 66 impala in the 70's. I should have know something was wrong when the plug tips were melted, but check for spark the old fashion way. Evidently I hit the hood hard (dented it) and woke up in ER. The Accell Super coil was putting out about 50 to 100 times more voltage than it should have. I never hold the plug wire by hand anymore, no matter how much ribbing I get.

21. Had a couple cars with that, especially in Japan.

22. Not an issue, that's what jeans are for if you want to be high class.

23. I can say, not in the US, but did it a lot in Japan.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 02-25-2021 at 09:03 AM.
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote