Thread: Family Heirloom
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 09:45 PM   #4
CryingJoker

Re: Family Heirloom

The truck itself is in pretty decent shape. I've got both cab corners and rocker panels on order to come in as like most of these trucks they are rough.
20200610_133026 by James Williams, on Flickr
This is the unique piece to fix. never really sure how it got like that as it doesn't look fully rotten like rusting thru.
20200616_113938 by James Williams, on Flickr
While waiting on my patch panels to start coming in I welded in this filler for the fuel neck. If any of you want filler panels for door handles or the fuel neck or other things for our trucks look up AVSontheweb.com It was a perfect fit and I used them for several fillers on my s10.
Now we are up to date. I've spent the last two days sandblasting the hood as well as fixing my regulator and installing a new dessicant system on my compressor. Plans from here is to start on the rockers and cab corners when they come in and address the hole above the windshield. Once I can get this cab fixed I'll be happy. Plans for the truck are to swap to disc brakes up front and make them power, probably drop a few inches while I'm at it. I want to install a 5.3 or equivalent motor and an overdrive transmission in to have a more modern heart. Nothing crazy just reliable day to day performer. Most days I'm on my harley and I want something to have when I don't want to ride it and figure I can build this to be as reliable as a new truck for half the price. I'll try to take plenty of pictures along the way and maybe see you at c10nationals or some other event.
80 c10: for sale just collecting dust
94 c1500: hauler to and from
55 chevy: hot rod project jus reborn
CryingJoker is offline   Reply With Quote