View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 AM   #12
lowestsixty7

Re: " help! Bagged truck owners

Is the 40'' bar center of the front pivot point to the center of the axle? Typically if i am doing a custom 2 link the bars are normally at least 40'' long sometimes up to 44'' long. I will usually put the bag an inch to 1.5'' forward from center on the bar. So if the bar is 40'' long center to center i will put the bag at 18.5 inches from the center of the front. This is just a generalization. It may vary for your truck or you may want to do it different. As with everything, everyone has their own personal preferences. Also you have to remember that depending upon where you are putting the bars you may have clearence issues with the bag and the rear tire (if you are running the bars on the outside of the frame). If you are setting it up at ride height remember that with a 2 link type suspension the axle is going to move front to back roughly a half inch possibly more from laid out to aired up. I do agree with FNLOW69 to set up the trac bar at ride height but i always do it laid out. I will put the track bar at the bottom of the driver side to the farthest forward i can on the passenger side 2 link bar. Are you making the trac bar adjustable? We typically dont have alot of movement side to side with the axle through its travel. Good luck with your project. Hope some of my input helped. Any pics would be awesome!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317961
lowestsixty7 is offline   Reply With Quote