Thread: 70 k2500 brakes
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #8
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: 70 k2500 brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy500 View Post
I have the whole setup for a 3/4 ton if you want to buy it...2wd and 4wd are the same or similar enough, disc brake or non disc brake the booster assembly is essentially the same. Leave your master cylinder and prop valve alone and just put the booster behind it.

As far as the aftermarket boosters...I guess they are fine, I put one on my 72 dodge dart this spring, works fine, remarkably similar linkage to our trucks, kind of sloppy tolerances compared to factory but it does work good, again on that car I just moved the master cylinder forward, installed the booster and put the master cylinder back on it, took about an hour to do and no bleeding of the brakes.
Thats all I did was take it loose from the fire wall and brake pedal added the booster setup. Now have brakes with very little foot pressure. I had to take the clip off the frame where it held the brake lines in place to move the master cylinder forward enough to mount it on the booster.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote