View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 01:04 AM   #22
Short 3/4

Re: Rockwell T-221 durability for the long haul

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwoof View Post
Somewhere along the line, I found a parts book - that's where it is from. The book has all the part numbers for the bearings, seals, etc. I am unable to attach it here, but if you PM me with your e-mail, I will send it along.

I agree, the best solution is to fix the leaks. I am pretty much there, but it still loses about 1/4" over a year or so. Haven't had the time to break it all down and re-seal everything.

Still, being paranoid about the oil level, and the scarcity of parts, I am still considering a high level kit. The street elbow only adds about an inch or so...I was thinking of using a street tee with a sight plug in the end to be able to easily see the level without pulling the plug....
Thanks for the offer, but was just wondering if that mod was something Rockwell, Chevy or the aftermarket came up with.
Will be going through mine soon, not leaking, but at least one bearing was screaming at me and did not want to wait til it self destructed. It and a spare case are on the bench awaiting surgery, should be able to make at least one good one out of the two.
Thanks to the magic of a divorced case, and a spare 2wd drive shaft, the truck is still on the road (just not off road for now)
Interesting idea about the sight glass. Post a picture if you ever wind up doing that.
Tom
NoSpin HO72 4.10 rear
Short 3/4 is offline   Reply With Quote