View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #37
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: Got a new toy coming home next week guys :D

Hey Capn,
You are gonna love this!!!!! 1.5 hours to remove the output shaft from the allison trans and most of that was fighting the big ass snap ring holding the roller bearing in place. When you removed the allison rear cover the last planetary slides out as a unit and there it is. Once the retainer nut is removed from the output shaft she comes right out of the planetary. Found the parts to change over at wit trans for about 185$. Both bearings are in excellent shape so going to reuse them in the 2wd housing. Found a doodge divorced np205 for 75 bucks I am picking up after christmas. Looks like I may have a buyer for the 263 case but waiting to see. Tried rotating the 4wd housing on the 263 t case no go without some serious redrilling of the housing or a clocking.
Capn have you developed a power steering gearbox change over set for the 4x4 trucks yet? I just got done seriously modifying the rez kit to work with this truck. Apparently REZ is Aware of it but dont get enough calls on it to make a seperate kit as of yet. Note to people using the REZ kit lol Put some 2.5 inch harndened steel studs in the three holes you dont drill out makes getting the box in place ssoooooooo much easier. Will have some more pics up this afternoon when i get the matching numbers 283 home and the output shaft assemblies on the allison trans.

Sean

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote