View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 10:49 PM   #178
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

hey man thanks! I dont mind watchers, I love doing this stuff and posting about it to maybe help guys out. most guys who have done s10 swaps on these trucks dont really share info for whatever reason. it should be open source, like how skymangs did his 47-53 stuff. if I can have a problem and post about it maybe it helps someone!

I was having trouble with my taped on bolts so I chewed out the bedside for the tub, that way I could put a bolt through and get a nut on it. I cleaned it up with a grinder after this picture.

IMG_9134 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

went much better that way, I cut a little more than I needed (pray twice cut once!). what actually happened is I thought the 37-38 fenders had the same mounting pattern because they were on a 41 when I bought it, so I redrilled the fender holes 2" further back. when I was trying to get the running boards cut enough I measured the distance away I was and transferred to to the running board. but since the 37-38 is slightly smaller mounting arc I missed it by just a scant 1/4 inch in the corner. you can see my new hole just forward of the fender, and the small gap in the corner. I will fix both. otherwise looks good enough to me!

IMG_9137-1 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9139 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

passenger side tomorrow, then back to the interior. I ordered a fan switch, everyone seems to go with the 185 on 175 off, but the thermostat in these trucks is a 185 stock and most run a 190. so I ordered a 200 on 185 off, I figure it will work better not turning on all the time and cycling the thermostat. if I remember the gauge runs right under 200 in the middle.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote