View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #172
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Spent a couple hours in the garage last night working on the crossover. I forgot the challenge associated with exhaust tubing when you dont really know what your doing and don't do it often. It didn't turn out half bad though.

I had been wanting a cold saw to replace my junky abrasive saw. I kept my eye on amazon and found a "used" one for $160. It was brand new just missing the original box. Its super slick. Like freaking awesome! It cuts this exhaust tubing like a hot knife through butter. No/minimal sparks and just tears through it like nothing. Such a nice tool. I do wish you could adjust the fence a little more quickly but Ill take what I can get for the price.

Anyway, just a couple pics of the crossover. Its 2-1/4 tubing adapted up to 2-1/2 on the passenger side to meet up with the manifold.

I cleaned out the pipe the best I could before welding the 2 halves together. Im a bit nervous about anything small metal pieces getting into the turbo so I ordered a metal brush to try and clean it up. I still have to weld the wastegate flange on but Ill wait until its in the truck so I can make sure the location is good. And then Ill wrap it.

I think the engine is ready to go in the trunk now. Maybe this weekend..