View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 PM   #29
dsraven

Re: Seeking Knowledge

Ed,
sorry, I must apologize for my rant on frame swaps being pretty in depth. I guess I forgot the part about you doing a few S10's before. I did read that part too, my mistake. I got wrapped up in my frame swap experience and was thinking this could put a less patient guy under the bus.
how about a few pics of the 2 trucks? is the old one pretty solid? I guess with your S10 experience you already know the bad that can be lurking behind a bubble in the paint. will you be doing an electronic fuel injection engine/trans combo from the donor or possibly using a carbed engine and non electronic trans? will you use a smaller tire to fit the look of the old trucks better or will the stock diameter tire from the donor work? if smaller diameter have you done the math for rpm at highway speeds? are you dropping the suspension so it is in the weeds or more of a stock height? use the floor and firewall from the donor or the original cab with the appropriate spacer blocks to level things out?
I know, lots of questions. inquiring minds wanna know.

anyway, please accept my apologies for the previous, possibly negative, post on your frame swap. maybe the rant will be read by someone else who it may possibly help.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote