View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #315
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

thanks!

this is my busy time of year, new budgets means new projects and I am always hooked up right on the first working day of the year. this is the same company that tried to hire me and move me northwest last year. it was tempting for the money but I like my life, staying with the beeps all day, two to three contracts a year, a couple trucks to keep my hands busy. luckily they still love my work and continue to hire me contract. but that means I have less time for trucks.

I didnt like that empty hole doing nothing in the rear bumper (that is a 46 front bumper) so I filled it with a quick popped license plate holder on the plasma cutter.

I stopped by bowtie bits for my two backordered hubcaps and picked up a splash pan too. I was going to build one but time isnt on my side. I trimmed it and made new brackets

this... was a giant pain in the poker. the farmer took the bumper off for unknown reasons and torched out the rivets that hold the pieces together, so lining everything up with an... experienced... bumper was fun on a bun. you can see I liked it so much, I put the frame brackets on the wrong side of the bumper brackets and got to do it again.

but it all worked out, it doesnt look like a silly gaping hole any more.

incidentally, I had to make new brackets because the ones I already made and welded on were an inch too far in.

maybe some interior work tomorrow. contract doesnt start till the 14th but I always spend some time a week prior doing schedules and teleconference. I hope they dont need any solidworks, my work machine has been giving me fits.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote