View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 08:01 PM   #11
Tom
driving is in my blood

Re: Engine question, which to look for & which to avoid?

Help me help you. By your first couple sentances, it sounds like your NBS tahoe is hurt, and you want to find a part truck to rebuild it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Bear View Post
Howdy,

Current project is temporarily sidelined while I deal with the results of someone's stupidity.

On Friday, my 2002 Tahoe was backed into while in line at the gas pumps. My insurance is processing the claim and I am thinking they will total it most likely.

Either way, I am planning on keeping it and probably getting a parts rig or the specific parts from craigslist or the local wrecking yards and replacing the damaged sheet metal myself as there was no mechanical damage.
But then you ask this,
Quote:
So, if I can find a decent condition parts truck, Tahoe or Suburban, what would be the best year/engine combo to try and find? Or more importantly avoid?
and post in the OBS forum where all the trucks will have a completely different style of engine compared to the LS in your current NBS truck.

So, are you trying to rebuild your current truck, buy a new project of a different body style and put your current trucks engine into, or something else? Because the trucks in this forum sub group will not help you fix your current truck at all.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote