View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 04:00 AM   #117
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

ALright guys, making some progress on the firewall. This thing was very far from flat, so I did the best metal work i could to get it flat before filler, epoxy again and now its in the slick sand stage. I will start blocking on it today and hopefully it is completely flat after that and I can get it into high build.

The first pic is before any filler was on, just epoxied it again after the metal beating. But you can see in the slick sand stage the difference in the flatness of the firewall. I didnt get a shot of the firewall before I added the slick sand.

I didnt do so much work to the area that will be covered by the heater core cover. That metal is so warped in there from the factory it was worth spending hours trying to get it straight when you will never see it. I hope that isnt be lazy. I will probably do a skim coat of filler just to make it look a little smoother but not much more beyond that point. My main focus was the very top of the firewall wall, because when you open the hood there is about a 2.5" width strip that is not covered up, and then the other main part was where I shaved the seems (upper left and right hand corner) along with the large flat part of the panel.

Till next time.

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote