View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #146
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: Project Snowball- Slow build

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs74 View Post
I don't think I will have the money to finish it anytime soon. Having it painted is going to take some time. I have some money left but I am sure it will get spent somewhere on the truck but it is not enough to have it completely painted. I am ready to have it finished but I am in no hurry. The only thing that has irritated me is that if it was going to take 8 months to get to this stage then someone should have told me that from the get go. I am fine with that but don't lead me to believe that it will be done sooner than that. Just tell me.

The interior and firewall should be painted, the cab and bed in primer and the new GM doors and fenders will stay in their E-coat. It's going to look like a heinz 57 for a while but it will get there.
I wouldn't mount the doors and fenders with the e-coat. It won't stand up to the weather very long. You would be better off putting your old doors and fenders back on if you just want it moveable.

I would let them paint the cab and firewall; that will give you plenty to reassemble. If you have to do the fenders and doors, let the shop seal them and paint the insides; that way you can put the guts in and not have to take it all back off.