View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 12:40 PM   #20
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Ok guys so I decided on the Wilwoods, Dave at LOCAR PERFORMANCE.... here in Sac made me an offer I just couldnt refuse so I pulled the trigger on the complete set. Should be in this week.

As for an update on my build, I have decided to let the first group of 55-56 sheetmetal parts go (its all for sale) and move on.... I found a complete 1957 3600 truck that the cab and front clip is pristine no rust and just needs a sand and paint job.... So now its going to a be a 57 PRO-STREET!

Heres what we did this past weekend. Got my kids involved and they came over and lent a hand. First we got the upper a-arms installed just for looksies... and it looks good! Didnt install springs yet as no weight to compress them with. I still gotta take aprt the spindles and cut them down for the Wilwoods when they come in.

Then we set the dummy 454 motor and TH400 trans so that all the x-braces could be aligned and installed, motor mounts adjusted and the driveline aligned with the rear end. I got the nut-serts for the trans mount tack welded in. I will flip the whole thing again and do the finish welding later.

Next the bed....
Attached Images

Last edited by ptc; 12-10-2015 at 02:20 PM.
ptc is offline   Reply With Quote