View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 05:39 AM   #18
hillbillyrider

Thumbs up Re: acting like runs out of gas at speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Interesting thread. I hope you get it figured out. I initially thought fuel filter but that is ruled out. I can picture what you describe with rubber fuel line collapsing but if that’s the case, it would have to be before (suction side) of the fuel pump unless there is a flap or loose particles that get pushed against the filter or another orifice. I think I would be methodically pulling and inspecting the components and lines of the fuel system from the tank forward. I have heard of people using a tank sealer that let go and would periodically cover the fuel line.

Another additional recommendation. This is a Chevy site and while many of us own other makes of vehicles, we’re all Chevy enthusiasts. You may well wish you still had your Ford Ranger but I would keep that to yourself when asking for help from Chevy enthusiasts. You would probably get a better response because many people are reading your thread.
I have gone through 3 fuel pumps. the firs 2 were Delphi and both were bad. one wouldn;t even start the truck after 4 hours of use. Since they didn't have any more of them I went with a carquest brand. seems to be fixed but haven't had it on the highway yet. no problems so far around town and the backroads. Keeping mu fingers crossed lol. Also, I know this is a chevy site. I wasn't intending on a ford vs chevy debate. I would have felt the same if it were a dodge or a Fiat. I had regretted getting rid of a perfectly good vehicle just to end up with these problems. It was fine when I test drove it. But the next day it went downhill. I think it is sorted out now and looking forward to starting on the making it mine part. Thanks to all who helped.
hillbillyrider is offline   Reply With Quote