Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68SWB4x4 View Post
White for sure, matches the exterior
Yup, I'm convinced now too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
Thanks Drew. Sounds like a great plan. Can't wait to see the pics.
Well, things did not go exactly as planned, my son and I were making great progress, got the front sway bar on, finished the tank brackets, and I was on a mission to clean the underside. After several hours of cleaning and prepping the trailing arms, cross braces and frame rails, I was about ready to shoot some chassis black when I realized I hadn't modified the upper shock brackets yet!
Rather than cut more rivets, I decided to modify them in place.
All was progressing fine until I ended up with some fine metal shavings making there way around my safety glasses and into my right eye.

It didn't seem to bad at first, but over then next few hours I knew I had not flushed it all out.. That pretty much ended the weekend fun. I thought I would be ok today, and it is much better, but I didn't get out to the shop at all to finish up.
I did manage to get a coat of paint on before I quit yesterday, more or less looking out of one eye, but I didn't hang the air tanks, nor did I finish the gas tank. My son got it all sanded down, we used the fuel tank cleaner on it to flush out everything, and I did give it a couple coats of tank tone, but it still needs to go back in..

Overall we got a lot done, but sucks to get sidelined so easily..
I also realized we didn't shoot any pictures, so I will for sure take some tomorrow when I get home..
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote