Old 09-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #95
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Looking forward to seeing this at the swap meet in Monroe next month

You will be driving it up wont you?
That is one of my goals for sure!! I told Zachary last night we need to get busy or else... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Looks solid!

Guessing the water trap goes between the pumps and tanks? I have Ridetech system I will be installing and they don't mention a watertrap.

Do your tanks have a drain? I noticed mine didn't. Finally read the instructions which advise to remove the tank annually for draining. Like that would really happen.
Yup the water trap will sit one at the inlet side of the tank, the leader hose from each compressor will go in one side, and the other will connect to the tanks. These tanks do not have a drain either, and if they were aluminum I might not put them on the inlet side, maybe just one between the tank and the VU4 valve. Since they are steel, I think its a must. And yeah, I doubt I would ever drop them annually just to flush them out. I'll be using SMC water traps with manual drain valves, so I'll probably set myself a reminder on my phone to drain them one every few weeks/months depending on how much they actually trap. I grabbed the fittings I needed today at lunch, but according to USPS tracking the traps are not due in until Friday.. Since I have so many other things to get done, it really isn't a big deal.

I also was reading through other threads on best practice for adding proper fusing to the system to handle the compressors, Accuair etc... This one was a pretty good read
I Like the look of this as a means to fuse the compressors,

and will also add a main fuse right near the battery to..
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote