View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #71
gokellurself

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Hey guys, so I'll be slowly going thru and converting my thread to Flickr... there's just too much work here for me to forfeit a loss to PB so F em. I've started but it takes some time. Now let's hope Flickr doesn't change up in any short time as well

Anyways, I could really use some input today. I have all my windshield stuff finally. I've had my glass for a while and it had some real nice rubber seal around the whole edge, but now that the frame is here I find that it won't slide into the frame along with the seal to save a life. What is the rubber sealant stuff that you guys use? Is there a write up or anything?

The frame is bare metal and I don't know what to do... Get a fresh coat on it? Leave it bare metal for now? Scuff it up and rust it out with muriatic acid? Honestly I was open to getting a good patina on it with the latter option but with a brand new frame I don't know if I can quite bring myself to do it.. Similarly, I'm not sure if I want a nice patina on the truck and then a freshly coated windshield frame... What do you guys think? Idk which way to go

Also Paintman thanks for the wiring info. Looking at all the options I ended up going with American Autowire as well. They were a bit more expensive but it was such a thorough kit that I think by the time I gathered everything else that it came with it really it would have been about the same amount, and it's just so simple how they have it set up. Standby for the wiring walkthrough, I'm looking to spend a good long weekend on it and enjoy taking my time on it

Anyways, thanks guys let me know what you think. take it easy

gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote