View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 02:11 AM   #74
gokellurself

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSHADES View Post
You need to make the frame fit the truck first before anything else. I would suggest painting it. You can always do some fake patina on it if you really want to. I don't remember what color your truck is/was but what I would suggest is spraying some primer on the frame then whatever paint is close to what you want, then after it dries just scuff the paint until you break through to the primer. it will have protection on the frame but still look older than what it is.
CSHADES man thank you, idk how I blanked on the fauxtina idea but that's gotta be the way to go. I appreciate that sir, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman View Post
Hey Kell! check out post 349 on my build thread before the pics go down. It details how I did my windshield. Originaly I took my frame and glass to a glass shop here in town to see if they would set the glass. They took one look at it and ran for the hills! They did give me some pointers though. First thing they said was don't try and use glass setting tape around the entire piece of glass. You will never get the glass to slide in. Just use 3-4 small pieces to space the glass out away from the frame.
Paintman always coming through! I remember when you originally posted the windshield posts and thinking how valuable those were gonna be to me, then I up and forget all about them 11 months later! That's perfect man, thanks so much

Updates to come, thanks again fellas
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote