View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #842
robnolimit

Re: No Limit's "K-10"

First off, that's pretty bad ass! OK, I looked back in the thread, and I never posted the 'how' trick. 1) I made a small 'angle gauge' out of sheet metal, 1/2" wide 4" long 19 ga., then bent it about 1 1/2" in to the angle of the OE lip. (from the flat surface around the opening) 2) with the new opening defined and pulled out, I used the angle gauge to project the slope back onto the bedside. I made marks about every inch all the way around. 3) then I free hand connected the dots to make the new slope connection arc on the bedside. 4) make a masking tape template. This works out so cool you'll laugh. One piece at a time, your going to lay out masking tape from the new outer face, sloped back (in the air) and connect to the bed side nice and tight at the new connection point arc line. Lay the tape out in a radial direction, like bicycle spokes, all the way around. Use cheap 1 1/2" wide tape. Overlap a good 1/2" on every piece, until you have a solid flare built out of tape. Use a sharpie and draw out the seam line from the tape to the outer lip, and from the tape to the bedside. - I spray the backside of the tape with WD-40 to kill the rest of the sticky. 5) use a razor to cut out the tape template. When you have it cut off and lay it flat, it will be the perfect template to cut out the sheetmal to make the arc slope.
All that being said, you may want to look at 'bubbling out the fenders, more like a late dirt stadium truck. - but thats a lot more work.

Please share more picts, very cool project
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote