View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
MMcMasters

1970 Med Olive Project

My addiction got the better of me a few months ago and I added another project to my collection. I already prescribe to the “too many projects, not enough time” principle so this just makes matters worse. It’s a really clean and rust free Medium Olive/White 1970 LWB. The bottom is as solid and clean as the top. I’m really excited about it minus the rat **** smell coming from the dash

Some may be following my other build thread where my son and I are building a 67 SWB for him. His motivation is wavering as of late so I pushed it off into a corner of the shop and told him I will stop whatever I’m doing and get back on it when he’s there to help me and wants to get back to work on it with me. Until then I'm going to start on mine.

I waited to start a build thread on my new truck because I wanted to just drive it for the summer and enjoy it. I have been driving it every chance I get and I’m stoked, it’s a blast. I have a 66 Chevelle pro touring project that’s just sitting apart right now waiting on paint and my boy’s truck is apart. The last thing I need right now is another truck pulled apart.

I do have big plans for the truck though but I’m going about it just a little different then I do normally. I bought a spare SWB frame already and my plans are to build that chassis and have it complete before I remove the first bolt to take the truck apart and transfer everything over. I have already cut all of the rivets and removed everything I don't need.

Here are a few pictures of the truck as it sits right now.

My plans for the truck are:

Porterbuilt Extreme Dropmembers front and rear
Accuair
LS/4L65
Boyd's tank
Big brakes (Kore 3)
Vintage Air
20/22 wheels
Shorten the factory box and raise the bed floor
Leave the paint and interior as is (except lower the bench seat 2")

I would love any comments or suggestions as I go. This will be the first time I have raised a bed floor so I'm going into it blind.

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote