View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #17
vancelot69

Re: Buyer's Remorse?

He said the hi-beam lights don't work. Not sure if they're both burned out, or a wiring issue. At the very least, the hi-beam on the low-beam lights engages when the switch is hit.

He said he spent a long time and however many dollars (I don't remember exactly) to find the OEM seats, recently spent six thousand on the transmission and transfer case. He said the owner before him had the engine gone through and he was told that it was put together "right" and that it can withstand higher RPMs... Also, it's a points ignition system that he said the guy spent hours getting it just right, but I plan to put an electronic ignition in, and he said the guy that set the points told him that an electronic ignition would be like night and day. I also plan to at the very least put a carb with electronic choke on it, but I would like to put a TBI kit on that will just bolt onto the 4bbl intake, if I can find one that won't break the bank.

The first thing I'm going to do though is see if I can find an oil dipstick tube and see if that fixes the oil leak. Looking underneath it, all of the passenger side of the engine etc. is dry, and on the driver's side, it's only wet from about the dipstick tube point back. The bell housing and flywheel were dry too, so that makes me think it's not a rear main seal.

At some point, I also want to get "04 Tahoe" seats with the integrated seat belts.

Some of the minor things I really like are that it has the ram's horn exhaust manifolds, and the rally style wheels, although I prefer chrome or polished over black. I like that it has a roll bar, even though it only has one bolt per corner, I can put more bolts in.

The main parts that concern me are the rust holes windshield header and in the rear floorboard, and the reason for that is because the last Jimmy I had was ate up with rust, and I don't want to be right back where I was, and having spent way more on this one. Any other issues are small potatoes imo.
Attached Images

2003 HD Road King
vancelot69 is offline   Reply With Quote