View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #22
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
Kyle, nice work! If you want to learn some welding skills use this sites search engine. I found a thread from MP&C where he walks you through an easy way how to butt weld patches. It makes for a nice patch job without the use of much filler. I tried it, and it works for me.

I'm nearing my cab as well I want to know how you flipped your cab! Also how much different are the spot weld drill bits vs a regular drill bit? I've just been using a normal drill bit and they have been going pretty good.
Right on man thanks for the info on the welding thread, will definatly have to check that out. I managed to flip my cab with the help of my brother and dad, 2 of us grabbed by the rockers and the other one pulled it down from the windsheild, my temporary support made things a little easier as we could hold it easier there. And as far as spot weld bits, they just give you more control over how deep you go, you can usally feel when you have cut through the first layer leaving the underlying panel untouched. They are also flat on the top unlike a regular drill bit, only downside is the price, I paid $60 for the one I'm using but so far it has been worth it, it says that it will last for hundreds of holes. There is also refill cutter heads available for it.

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote