View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #18
Acme Racer

Talking My "New Arrival", w/Pics, 68 C10 Panel, LATEST UPDATE 4/29

Hi Gang
Well, heres the latest "update" as of 4/29/09. After finally realizing I wont have the time to dedicate to the panel, A friend of mine has decided to do the panel for me. My plan was to weld in the needed (and theres alot of those) panels and make a nice driver out of it. well, a long time friend who builds high end street rods decided to do a full frame off rotisserie resto/rodding of the panel.

Its now at his shop, being disassembled for media blasting and panel replacement. Then lots of new parts (already in stock ) and a bunch of $$ and it will be on the road. The chassis & suspension has been all rebuilt/replaced (with the exception of possibly bagging it) with new pieces.

With my travel schedule for work I'm only home 3 to 4 days a week. So Paul and the gang at the shop will make my "baby" nicer than I ever could. We have been trying to decide on paint schemes/colors/wheels, and other "subtle" things to do to it.

Even my boss from work (he has had a hand in building 3 Ridler award winning cars, and many ISCA Class winning cars) is helping with choices. Thru my connections at work (I work for Daytona Beach Car Shows) were even getting some ideas from some "left coast" builders/designers. The new "debut" for the panel should be early to mid August. Not sure what show that will be, but I'll let everyone here know when she has her 'coming out party"! When I get some pics of the disassambly of it I'll post them.

More Later from Daytona Beach
Larry
92 Chevy "Yenko Impala SS" Wagon, massive mods, my toy - 92 Buick "GSX" Roadmaster wagon, many mods, wifes toy - 92 Olds Custom Cruiser "442-W31" Wagon Wifes Daily Driver - 68 C10 Suburban Panel, restoration/street rod project - 92 Gambler Champ Dirt Car Project - 74 C10 Custom Original Cali Burb - 79 GMC 35 Sierra Classic 1 Ton Crew Cab Dually
Acme Racer is offline   Reply With Quote