View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
iungerich1

68 center link problem

I have a 68 c10 that I am looking to convert the old style ram assist steering to a newer style gear box from CPP. I have bought the kit and installed it most of the way but when i got to the pitman arm I realized it wanted the non power steering center link.... oops

Anyways through my own research ive decided i have 3 options:

* If someone knows where I can get something like this except with a hole for the pitman instead of a spindle this would be my best option. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1955-5...ion,25214.html

* Obviously I can buy a non power steering center link but for the life of me I can't find one new or used. If anyone has one they are willing to sell me please let me know. ( I believe any one from 65-69 will fit. Please correct me if im wrong )

* And of course last but not least, the free option! Cutting and welding. The new and old pitman arms are the same size and shape. I can cut them both and weld the ends that i need together. This would mean i would be connecting the new gear box to the old control valve ( the one that screws into the end of the arm ) and just not using the hydraulics on it. While im at it obviously i will be removing the old steering ram/piston

So what should i do? I would like to do this right but im leaning towards welding as I cant find any parts..
Thanks for your help!
iungerich1 is offline   Reply With Quote