View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #83
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
I'm on for this ride, think it's gonna be really cool! Dunno about the tail lights in the gate but you're the one that has the big picture painted. Props man!
Before I found the truck to start with I did this tail rendering using a pic from an ebay truck, maybe a members or former members truck, not sure. I liked the way the 3 light tail looked and on LA Freeways I'd really prefer brutally obvious taillights, which the GM trucks do not have, it's pretty easy for them to fade into your peripheral vision especially in stop and go traffic, while eating a burrito, texting, staring at the "How green is my Prius" display on your dash, checking your hair and reading a script at the same time. ...and I'm putting brakes on the truck that I know are far better than almost anyone that will ever be close behind me. The obvious fear of course is to avoid the fine line between a well executed customization that looks like it belongs and looking like the "Family Truckster" from National Lampoons "Vacation", and I do realize how fine a line this mod is to that.
Attached Images

skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote