View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 08:23 AM   #14
mountie

Re: She is back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSRACER View Post
I have 4 trucks with faded paint. Can you provide more details about how to use these products?

I am afraid I may ruin the look or streak something. I do love the look of a polished patina truck but never have tried it myself.
HSRACER, I attached a photo... a sample of a friend's car-bonnet "hood". It never had a true wax job since he bought it. He only had it detailed, and they just wiped a 'high glaze' junk on it. ( The paint is way to EXPENSIVE for me to buff it out at the moment).... so, what I did:
I researched how to remove all the crap on the paint so a Mother's Carnuba Paste Wax will bond to the paint. Used Meguiar's "Wash Plus". It is a combination carwash & a sort of a polish..... So you wash the paint, but use a "polishing action" as you wash, to remove all contaminants on top of the paint. rinse as you go...... Then Use the carnuba wax in small sections as you go ( no need to let dry before wiping off, since some of your paint is not super smooth.... Wait a day, and Carnuba a second time.

The photo shows the "before/after" on the hood... The passenger side is the raw paint, and the center / driver's side is the fresh new wax. Look carefully and see how the actual paint on passenger side was pretty crappy in it's actual condition.
So, as you are concerned, your blue patina finish won't be changed.... just cleaned.

( Guess what car hood that is?? )
Attached Images

'93 Mercedes SL 500 Teal
'86 Yamaha FZ750 - 15,000 RPM
'86 Yamaha FJ1200 - Criminally Fast
2016 Ferrari 488 GTB, I drive it - don't own it.
'05 GMC Yukon XL , SLT 4wd ( just purchased 2018)
mountie is offline   Reply With Quote