View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #106
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Ooh, sorry for the length but I'm excited. I've been meaning to take my truck to a little shop in a poor part of town a buddy swears by run by 2 old farts (older than me). He said, "You'll know it's our kinda place as soon as you get there AND...they're cheap too."

There was a PERFECTLY restored '63 split window Vette, a '69 Camaro - same quality, a very nice '67 Chevy 3/4 ton, & an over-the-top Jeep CJ in shop/yard. Shop was closed for lunch, we went to eat & came back to find my truck in the shop w/hood up.

Guy immediately says, "Youre having heat saturation problems with starting, huh?".
Yes, how'd you know?
"Your starter is right above your collectors, did you know that?"
Told him I'd recently bought it and brought it for that very reason, and other stuff.

Long(er) story short, having dizzy upgraded w/Pertronix, carb work (It WAS rebuilt before I
bought it but something is wrong, giysays it doesn't respond to tuning at all(!) Timing is very retarded. New plugs & plug wires. Shop guy noticed the camel hump heads and rumpety-rump cam and said it's going to come alive when he's done with it. I'm stoked. Just had to reltate it all
go so excited I headed over to The Truck Shop and bought a rear bumper lit, fan shroud, and bits & pieces.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 07-05-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote