View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #120
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Fredo, Are you goingto the Brothers' show tomorrow afterall? I'm not sure if I can make it...obviously, my truck won't make it-DOH! MY mother-in-law's 89th birthday is today and we're throwing a Quincineira-like party for her (that's like a coming out party to those who don't know) since she was involved in a major car accident earler this year and her neck was broken! Didn't look like she was gonna make it for awhile, but she's finally fine now. Family is in from other parts of the country, etc. I REALLY want to see everyone's stuff tomorrow, but don't know as of now.

That radiator I returned had the tiniest filler neck and cap on it - seriously, a garden hose wouldn't have fitted in it! Glad I returned it. I REALLY want a rad like ChuckDriver's setup. SO damn clean looking. But the kit is a bit over $500 from U.S. Radiator and it'll wait til other stuff gets sorted out.

Wideside72, my '55 is sorta/kinda MY retirement project. I'm 56 soon to be 57 and I won't retire for about another 5 years but I intend to keep it long term. Ironically, I graduated high school in '72 and was driving my Dad's purchased-new '55 Chevy two door hardtop Belair. I didn't want it of course. I gave it back to him to buy a '66 Chevy van - WHAT an idiot!! He sol it for $450...and it was perrrrfect! Kills me everytime I think of it.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote