View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #81
ATVYP

Re: Uncle Howard's 1946 Chevy Truck

Last update tonight! After looking for a 88-93 Camaro T5 V8 World Class 5 speed forever unsuccessfully and reading too many T5 forums to count, I found a brand new / rebuilt S10 World Class T5. I believe it was installed but never driven / oil never added. The thing looks brand new, and it was too good of a price to pass up for the forward mounted shifter. I’m still considering what to do next. My 1st choice was to find a T56, but after spending $1200-$1800 on a 6 speed transmission, $400-$500 for a custom bell housing for the early non-LS engine, another $400-$500 on the custom flywheel, I just can’t afford one at this time. Maybe one day down the road I’ll run into a LS / T56 combo and swap the whole thing. That appears to be the most affordable way to run a 6 speed. But I really want a manual transmission in my toy, so I will keep my eye out for a V8 T5 for now and keep reading forums. I understand if I locate a early 90’s 4.3 V6 flywheel, I can run this entire S10 tranny with a spacer as long as I don’t get too rough with it – and I’m not a crazy teenage boy anymore. I still have time before deciding.
Attached Images

ATVYP is offline   Reply With Quote