View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #115
swamp rat

Re: 1970 K20 Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20rookie View Post
I almost went with a 4" but changed my mind last minute. What is it that has you regretting the 4", just curious. ORD actually sold me 2" front springs and 3" rear springs. Basically they said that Tuff Country advertises their lifts for the 73+ trucks. So a 4" rear spring would actually only provide 2" of lift on my 70. They said they had tested this on a blazer or suburban, but I decided to go with 3" rear springs. Not as much weight in the rear of my truck as a blazer or suburban, plus, if it's sits too low with 3" springs, I can just add a 1/2" or 1" zero rate to bring the rear up. If I had gone with the 4" springs and it was too high, not much I could have done at that point. So I figured the 3" would at least allow me to adjust it up a bit more if needed.
Mainly just the getting older factor and my legs aren't what they used to be. I had Rancho 4" lift (springs and blocks) on the Rat for the last 20 years so didn't give it much thought when I replaced them, the new BDS stuff made her real close to level where as the rancho stuff was noticeably higher in the back. I never took any dimensions before the first lift was installed but I know it made quite a difference in height.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote