View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #11
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 2x4-4x4 conversion

The frames are enough different to make for more work than you might be seeing. Have you set your body on the frame yet and got everything lined up? Like I said above, you will end up with about a 3" body lift. To do this right, new body mounts need to be fabricated. IMO it is easier and better to swap the 4x4 running gear under the original frame. This way you also won't run into issues with your local/state DMV with having different VIN numbers on the cab and frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63' View Post
Im doing a 63 c10-79 K10 swap. So far it looks like the frames are pretty compatiable. I had just ground off the rivets on the 2 inside cab mounts and swapped them to the outside. The cab mount holes will need to be enlarged and you will have a slight body lift, but it should look nice on a 4x4. The radiator support holes are also almost the same. I also am using the 79 stepside bed as it almost the same as my 63 but much better cond.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote