View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #62
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Re: I lifted the hood on the Blazer . . .

Played hookie from work a couple days ago in the late afternoon and got the power washer out. A little Castrol Super Clean and some scrubbing got the bay pretty clean. Then hit a few areas with the sander.

Saturday was the last day that was supposed to be over 50 degrees for a while so I made time to get to the barn and got everything masked off and hit the metal with some black paint. I must say, it looks a lot better but looks better in the pictures. Up close you can see a number of areas that could have used more sanding. I just wanted to get the loose paint off and get it one color and protected, so works for me.

Also pulled the gas tank skid plate from the back of the barn where it has been sitting. I cleaned it up for paint about 2 years ago and, well, just never got it painted. Used the 3M undercoating/rubberized stuff and the finished product looks great. To bad I moved it before it was dry, ended up putting the smudge you see in the side shot. May sand it a bit and touch it up, maybe not

Hmm, looks like next is getting the flywheel and clutch installed and it's time to put the rebuilt motor back in!

Last edited by Yukon Jack; 08-22-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote