View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 11:36 AM   #8
67C10Step

Re: Pulling the plug on an unfinished C10 project

If you cast a wide net you might find just the right person who wants to start a project, knows what it takes, and can see how far ahead they would be in purchasing your project. You will probably have to be patient and be ready for the low ball know nothing know it all's and the guys wanting to swoop in and take advantage of a less than desirable situation.

I made a guy mad at me about a year ago on a 1974 Harley sportser. He had it blown apart for restoration and had taken another job so was moving. Folks there knew I was a bike guy and he asked me if I wanted to buy it. I told him I'd come pick it up from him for free if it was all apart but wouldn't pay anything for it. He got all mad and I told him at this point it's not a bike, just boxes of parts of unknown condition, and not sure if it was all even there. Then I told him his best bet was to take a weekend and reassemble the bike as a non running, complete bike was worth more than boxes of parts.

Your situation is similar but there is someone out there that recognizes what you have done, wants to so the same thing, and is willing to pay for what you have done. But, finding that person is the big hurdle.

Sorry for the change in plans. Life is what happens when you are making plans to do something else.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote