View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #29
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

To no suprise I found some rust hiding beneath the windshield weatherstripping. A little more rust than I was hoping to find (which was no rust) but no so much that I get it patched in a couple of hours. This is the drivers side upper corner.

Here is the damage on the passenger side. It is a little more eaten away that the drivers side. I thought that was a little ironic since the kick panel rust is far worse on the drivers side.

It was starting to get a little late in the day and I didn't want to start removing the dash since I didn't have time to complete the job today so I removed parts instead. I removed the A/C system from under the dash, and also removed all of the wiring that was under the dash as well. Since it looks like this project is going to have to sit out in the weather for a while before a slot in the shop opens up I also removed the glovebox door so the SPID didn't get damaged.

My dad has a teenager (Ben) who helps out in the shop in the afternoons once school lets out. Today my dad said that he didn't have much for Ben to do so he let me have him work on my blazer. I gave him an option on a few tasks he could do. He opted to get a wire brush and clean out the pitted up bed. So far a few pinholes have popped up. Not sure if I need to replace the whole bedfloor yet or just do patches. I will have a better idea of what route I need to go when he finishes that task.

That is as far as I was able to get today. Next time I go out I am going to try and take the dash out, put the donor panel in, and start opening up the passenger side kick panel.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 12-23-2009 at 11:13 PM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote