View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #182
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

So, shimmed the starter and got it running. Also fixed the power steering issue. (Still needs a new belt- on order)

Pulled it out of the garage and swapped the rims tires and it was purring like a kitten. So I couldn’t resist taking it for a spin! -illegally.

We live on a road that makes about a 5 mile loop. Perfect for testing it out. For the first four miles. It was flawless. Aside from a weird wind noise due to the top not having good gaskets, I couldn't have been happier.

But then she started sputtering. I've added fuel a few times over the years but I guess not enough lately. She ran out of gas about a mile from the house. My daughter ran me a can of gas, but I killed the battery trying to restart it. My daughter can now add "tow truck driver" to her college resume.

On the positive side, it sure looked good sitting in the grass broke down. The lady who lived in the house nearby even come out and commented on how "cute" the truck is.
Attached Images

1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote