View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 AM   #48
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Fortunately my dad is going to let me use a junk cab he had laying around. The cab is very rust free, unfortunately someone cut up and beat up the interior of the cab beyond repair. However the floor and roof are both in still good shape for patches.

Whoever owned this cab before my dad must have been related to the guy that used to own my blazer. The outer edges of the floor and the rocker panels were covered in a layer of fiberglass in an attempt to do rust repair.

A view of the underside of the donor cab. My plan is to take the entire floor panel out of the donor cab as one piece. From there I will determine whether or not I wan't to insert it into the blazer as one piece, or just use it in the areas that are rusty or damaged.

I worked on getting the donor floor out for about an hour before I had to leave today. In that amount of time I was able to remove the drivers side firewall and floor braces. I already know this is going to be a slow process to get this floor out as one piece but it sure is alot cheaper than buying a complete repro floor panel.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote