View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #176
Dads79GMC

Re: Dad's 1979 GMC Heavy Half Transformation

Well, got a text from Jayson Saturday saying that we needed to develop a course of action on getting my truck to his garage before the snow starts flying and things unpredictably get sloppy here in the great Midwest. So, yesterday my wife and I turned the truck on a dime inside the garage and my son and I pushed it on the trailer. Now, it wasn't as easy as that, there was a lot of other straightening and cleaning of tons of parts and debris before any movement of the truck could occur. I went out and rented a U-Haul trailer (great shape surprisingly), which was 30 miles away in the direction of Jayson, turned back around, headed home and then loaded the trailer. I had a quick supper and was on my way around 6:30PM. I arrived at Jayson's just around 10:00PM. After several discussions on how and where to unload the trailer, we pushed it off without damage to the truck and especially the truck he's working on. We swapped the original hood with an NOS one that I had in the back of my truck, and the two of us kind of lifted the SWB bed that had been sitting at Jayson's for some time onto the frame. Dads79GMC is now in the talented hands of Jayson. Oh, after two hours of work and discussion, I headed home, dropped off the trailer at 03:10AM and arrived home around 04:00AM. Talk about being hyper-alert.....seemed like every 5-10 miles there was either deer splatter/guts on the interstate or deer in the ditch....Terrible.

BTW, Jayson has to redo my handiwork from 9 years ago and replace my floor, cab corner, inners etc, the "correct way"! Sorry Jayson. What can i say.....I tried!

Take it from here Jayson!!!
Attached Images

Dads 79 GMC Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=642929

1978 Silverado Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=756016
Dads79GMC is offline   Reply With Quote