View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #9
RustyPile

Re: Accelerator pedal question

First off, I've had several fitment problems with LMC parts, so I no longer buy from them..

The simple and easy solution to your problem is to drill out the hole in your new pedal.. If the rod is too short to pass all the way through, simply cut off the rod at the bend and weld a proper fitting rod in it's place.. You may need to weld a washer to the rod to act as a stop to prevent side-to-side movement of the pedal.. To quote a line from the old Clint Eastwood movie, 'PLATOON" -- "Adapt, improvise, and overcome".... Unless I was building a show truck, no way would I spend upwards of $150 to fix a simple gas pedal problem...

I'm currently addressing some serious medical issues, but I'm willing to help you with your gas pedal. You buy any needed parts and I'll provide the consultation and labor at no charge.. Palestine is about 55 miles south out of Tyler on hwy 155.. The small town where I live is 10 miles south of Palestine.. I have a well equipped (but severely crowded) shop.. Longview is a bit of a road trip for you, but if you're willing, I'm able...... PM me and we'll exchange phone numbers..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote