View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: How do you protect your investment from theft ?

Honestly, I rely on being in a safe location where I live. I don't feel that is good enough these days with the internet, streetscape, the high value these trucks now hold, and the lack of anti-theft. I block mine in when at home and most of the time my son's truck is home when I am not. I used to have enough vehicles that a person couldn't tell if anyone was home or not, and something was always blocked in.
I want to do more, so I'll do a simple disconnect and skip the electronics and screaming alarms. GPS tracking is a good idea, though, if you want any hope of recovery. Where I leave it away from home is a concern I never had. It sucks that now I can't feel comfortable parking my OLD TRUCK at a park to head out backpack camping or leave it along a river while I spend the day fishing and enjoying the river. These are things I always enjoyed doing in my truck. Thieves suck!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote