View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 09:51 PM   #28
Chilly178

Re: What GM create engine to buy for 3/4 ton 72 C20

Thank you everyone for the feedback! I think I have made up my mind and will go with the L31-R. Some questions I have is what parts I need to make this engine work in the 72. My engine mounts currently in the truck look nasty any suggestions on mounts? Will this bolt up to the SM465 with no issues with the correct(?) flywheel? Another question I have is how the serpentine system would work. My truck doen't have power steering or AC and I intend to keep it that way. It uses a old school simple thin belt setup that only goes to the alternator. Can I keep this simple setup and same alternator or I need to buy a serpentine kit for the L31-R? If I do have to buy a kit do they all come with power steering and AC provisions? What do I do with it? Also I would need a water pump, intake manifold for carb, new carb, exhaust manifold/headers?, HEI distributor, electronic fuel pump, air cleaner, and plugs and wires. Any suggestions or anything I'm missing for this. Also will the starter thats in the 350 in the truck now work with L31-R? Will the radiator be the same? Any additional wiring needed? I also saw somewhere you have to plug a hole in the block for a sensor? Any mods I should make to the L31-R before it goes on for more hp/ torque? Thanks
Chilly178 is offline   Reply With Quote