View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 09:40 PM   #65
ChuckLee

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

I agree with you, I must have done something wrong because never have I heard of such gearing, lol. I did what I always do, jack rear off ground, use chalk to mark top of tire and two chalk marks at rear end (one on pumpkin which is stationary, one on rotating yoke). The yoke turned approximately 1.6 revolutions to the wheel's 1 full rotation. I have two ideas:
1) I have no transmission or DS installed. That's first time I've checked this way w/o Trans installed. Isn't that irrelevant though? I'm not trying to figure out what gearing is in trans, simply a "neutral" situation/scenario to see what the gearing is in the rear.
2) I have an open diff I think and I wonder if maybe that is playing a roll? I don't know.

I seem to recall checking this while I had the truck all together with a T5 and 355 in it and I believe I checked it in neutral and came up with something like 2.60 or 2.75 or something to 1. As you can tell by now by reading my thread, I'm learning, and loving learning. I'm not afraid to make myself look like a total newbie for the sake of your pleasure and others' help. Lol