View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #41
rsavage

Re: Blazer got some color today

Jim,
Even after buying new and used parts for the last year and refurbing the used, I find stuff I need every day I work on it. For example, last Friday, my new brake hoses arrived so I worked on installing them on the weekend, put the new wheel cylinders on new shoes along and the with hardware. I had run all new lines before putting the engine, trans and transfer case in. Pulled the hubs, cleaned them and prepped them for repacking and assembly - that's when I noticed that the passenger side lower ball joint needed replacement. So I pulled the right axle and spindle out and removed the knuckle. Lower ball joints easy to find - uppers not so much. I think I have them coming. Of course, I'll replace the spindle axle shaft needle bearings and seals, and as long as the axle is out, I'll also replace the axle ujoint since it would be dumb not to do so since it is out. Then I'll pull everything off the driver's side because if the passenger side lower ball joint was bad, chances are those will need replacing. About another $400 in parts and a couple full days of work, and I'll be back to where I started.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote