View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #4
Caustik

Re: In the Red 69 GMC

Frame work continuing

I have always wanted to build something on air bags, and since I am going through the work of shortening it and doing all the air ride setup, Might as well make it get as low as possible. I was looking at the drop members, and they are really nice, with a corresponding price tag. After doing some research I came across many articles and threads about "Z'ing" the frame, seemed simple enough.

After measuring many times, and many times more, Marked and started cutting. This was a 3" rise, and 1" forward, like others have done it was right at 20 degrees.

Some gusset work

and a " not so fishy fish plate"

After another week of work and a day off got the front take care of.

As of right now this is where I am at. Waiting for a notch kit for the rear, after all the work on the front I dont want to build a notch from scratch, so I am going to spend a few doll hairs on a pre-cut notch, the time saved is worth the price IMO. Once I get the notch in I will be starting with a 4 link.

The power plant for this at the current time unless things change is a 6.0 LQ9/ 4l80 combo. wheels are going to be a 20x9 front and a 20x10 rear, Since I have some free wheels in this size that will work for mock up and until I buy the ones I want. Ultimately I am going to try and do all the body work myself, replacing panels isn't a super big deal, but removing dents is another story. should be fun.

Speaking of body work. picked up a set of bedsides already shortened nearly completed, need some work but cheaper than buying re-pops.
Caustik is offline   Reply With Quote