View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #1
drfloyd

"Buck" My '67 Ground Up Build

I've been putting off posting this build until I had some decent progress to report. This project started several years ago when I bought the C 20 from under a camper where it had spent it's entire life until I got it. Pair that with a separate C 10 frame that I acquired shortly after and a few years later I've started. The name has nothing to do with a four legged herbivore but is a tribute to my dad, who would have been all over this with me if he were here and able. I chose the C 20 cab because it is in such good condition. The pic that I will post makes it look rougher than it really is. It has some surface rust on the hood and fenders but as far as I can see thus far is solid besides that. I don't even have the cab in the shop right now as I am going to get the roller going and all fitted up, disassemble, powdercoat and reassemble. I've gone with all No Limit suspension, Wide Ride, Fatbar, Ridetech coilovers, R&P steering, center "cross" member, Moser housing with 3.73 gear, 31 spline axles, 5 x 4 3/4" slotted rotors, stock single piston disc brakes front and rear and standard height spindles. It will have a LQ 9 with a 4L60 or 80, I haven't decided that yet. So here goes, any input is welcome. This isn't an original restoration by any means but hopefully it will be a comfortable ride with plenty of power.
drfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote